View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 02:54 PM   #4
SummitPond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastham View Post
The Express van has a max tow rating of 10000 lbs and max tounge weight of 1000 lbs it kinda limited to about a 7200 lb trailer and you would be about of toung wt capacity. You also have about 3800 lb pay load that people cargo and tounge weight comes off of.
I think you would have a lot more tow capacity with the f 350 truck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Ken, mainly keep away from the 'super vans' because of the length between the rear axle and the bumper. I don't know what brands offer them other than Ford, but I know Dodge offered them for many years. Too much weight too far back for good control.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm not presently in the market for a new TV, but I've seen a lot of these vans around, which got me thinking if they would be a viable option when the time comes.

Eons ago, when I was in high school, I'd occasionally help my dad when he was out on service calls. He drove some heavy-duty van loaded (I don't recall what) carrying five or six 200-pound CO2 tanks, lots of syrup (to make carbonated beverages) and other heavy equipment. I figured if a van could do that, maybe it could pull a trailer. I guess that is not their strong point!

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote