View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 04:27 AM   #9
Bill & Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Bill & Deb,

You never said whether your valves leaked once you got to Florida. Was the rear valve being open the culprit?
The answer is that the tanks had never leaked. It was as Mountainbound commented on. The kitchen Gray water release valve had been hidden. While down here in Florida, I have had no problems and the valves worked flawlessly. While on permanent sewage connection (as a snowbird) I leave the kitchen Gray valve open continuously, along with the bathroom Gray and the black is closed. When the black needs emptying, I close the bathroom Gray only for a day or so or at least a shower. I have put a "Y"valve on my water feed so I can feed water to the sewage tank (with a short hose) as I drain the black tank. I leave water running till sewage is almost clear. Then I open Gray valve to clean hose. If you don't have a clear elbow on your sewage output, its well worth it. I also use my sewage water feed to add about a couple of gallons to blackwater tank. This helps prevents toilet paper from clogging the tank.

Pictures available on request.

Bill
Pullrite Superglide 15K Hitch
Bill & Deb is offline   Reply With Quote