Thread: Tongue Weight
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 02:56 PM   #26
NH_Bulldog

The bars I got with my hitch (Eaz-Lift Trekker) are advertised as 600 lb. bars and rated up to 800 lbs. tongue weight. They seemed to work well, but I had a bit of “bounce” and the DW felt “seasick” on trips. I had foolishly taken the advertised tongue weight added in some margin of error and thought I was good......until I got on the scales! So we changed to the 1,000 lb. bars which are good to a tongue weight of 1,200 lbs. and now the DW doesn’t get seasick anymore.

When I pulled the camper from storage this past weekend, I checked everything again; bolt torques, ride heights, etc. and it was still spot on. For my set-up, I measured the height of the top of the wheel opening front and rear of the truck on both sides (rear is 2” higher than front unloaded). Then when loaded and connected with everything level, the rear settles 1” and the front is exactly the same as it was before connecting the trailer. This tells me the bars are sized right and the hitch is set right.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote