View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 11:14 AM   #33
Logan X

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Jaywalker View Post
Thanks Mike...great information. We are keeping it simple as well. But like dry camping with the grandkids. The previous owner installed a Marine +12V battery with 625CCA, which is the first to go. I want to buy Made in the USA components and I will be ordering the (2) 6V batteries you have. My rig does not have the 12V cigarette plug, but I will be checking out the simple "pure sine wave inverters". I have read the battery monitors are important as well and heard a lot of good things about the Victron products. We dont use the AC much, so I do not need a big generator. It would be nice to have a small unit handy. I appreciate your help and video. Thx again
I’m happy to help. It sounds like you are on the right track. Enjoy the trips with your grandkids!

Just for further information, I can keep the batteries (2 6v batteries with 232 amp hours each) topped off if I run the generator about one out per day. If I don’t run the generator I can camp for three or four days, depleting the batteries to about 60% state of charge, before I need to recharge
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote