View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 08:01 AM   #32
X-Jaywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan X View Post
If you are adding a inverter you do not need to bypass the stock converter. There are many ways to do it depending on your needs. You can have the inverter power only a couple of outlets or you can run an extension cord from the inverter into the trailer and power what you need from there.

Having said all of that...you can do a lot of dry camping on 2 6volt batteries and a small inverter. Everything in the trailer is designed to run off of 12volt power and propane. The only thing you need ac, 110volt power, for is the air conditioner, microwave, and house style outlets. So I just have a small inverter plugged into the 12v outlet behind my tv to power the tv and Apple TV. I don’t need the 110 outlets for anything else. I run my generator when I need the microwave and coffee pot.

Here’s a video on my setup

https://youtu.be/iaQZY_naOdE
Thanks Mike...great information. We are keeping it simple as well. But like dry camping with the grandkids. The previous owner installed a Marine +12V battery with 625CCA, which is the first to go. I want to buy Made in the USA components and I will be ordering the (2) 6V batteries you have. My rig does not have the 12V cigarette plug, but I will be checking out the simple "pure sine wave inverters". I have read the battery monitors are important as well and heard a lot of good things about the Victron products. We dont use the AC much, so I do not need a big generator. It would be nice to have a small unit handy. I appreciate your help and video. Thx again
Anderson Ultimate 3200
2016 RAM 6.7CTD,4x4,CC, 38 Aux Fuel Tank, Airbags
X-Jaywalker is offline   Reply With Quote