View Single Post
Old 04-19-2020, 05:05 PM   #29
Logan X

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Jaywalker View Post
We are looking at the same system upgrade as the OP. With dry camping as our priority.

We just bought this used Sprinter which has nothing but a converter and a 12V battery. So we will need EVERYTHING upgrading the converter/batteries and adding some kind of solar.

I do have a question: How do I bypass the stock converter when adding an inverter or do I even have to??

Also if I mount the inverter next to the battery in the front compartment. Do I need to run additional (larger) wire to the 120V outlets inside?

Thank you for the great links and info.
If you are adding a inverter you do not need to bypass the stock converter. There are many ways to do it depending on your needs. You can have the inverter power only a couple of outlets or you can run an extension cord from the inverter into the trailer and power what you need from there.

Having said all of that...you can do a lot of dry camping on 2 6volt batteries and a small inverter. Everything in the trailer is designed to run off of 12volt power and propane. The only thing you need ac, 110volt power, for is the air conditioner, microwave, and house style outlets. So I just have a small inverter plugged into the 12v outlet behind my tv to power the tv and Apple TV. I don’t need the 110 outlets for anything else. I run my generator when I need the microwave and coffee pot.

Here’s a video on my setup

https://youtu.be/iaQZY_naOdE
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote