View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 08:30 AM   #14
Canonman

Logan's set up is very nearly the same as ours. A simple inexpensive way to dry camp and extend your camping alternatives. I used the Duracell 6v golf cart batteries from Sam's Club, $89 each plus I got a $49 discount for using a Sam's credit card. Costco sells an Interstate GC battery also $89.
A small inverter for running the TV and charging the cell phones, lap top etc. is all we've needed. A 300 to 750 watt inverter should be large enough to do the job without unnecessary overhead draining your batteries. Cost is about $50. One difference is I ran some #10 wire from the batteries to the inverter location in the trailer just to be sure I didn't loose too much voltage from the batteries to the inverter.
Finally, if you're looking to do more dry camping, I'd suggest looking into some sort of solar set up. 100w minimum for keeping the batteries charged. Quieter than a generator and less expensive. We already had our genny from a previous trailer but only used it a couple of days last year when summer camping required running the A/C.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6800.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	26508  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote