View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 05:46 AM   #15
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrusty View Post
Did you get the electric hot water problem fixed? Had the same problem and tried all these and other suggestions. Turned out there was a regular 110 plug wired into the electrical part of the water heater that had to be plugged in. Ours was accessed from inside the camper under the cabinet. So you have to have the breaker on, the outside switch on the tank on, the electric option on your panel on, and have it plugged in, to get hot water. This plug is not mentioned in any literature I could find and technician at CW was just shaking his head when I told him about it.

If the tech was shaking his head, it makes me wonder. Is he the one that did the PDI? If so he needs some additional training. There are Suburban water heaters and Atwood (Dometic) water heaters and there are distinct differences in the two. For the AC side, one has a cord and the other is hard wired. One has the heating element in the front and the other in the rear.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote