View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 09:42 AM   #22
GvS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrkmann View Post
Non Tools but necessities on the road: WD 40 brand Dry Lubricant for my Reese hitch, else it makes all kinds of noise, window slides, etc.; silicon seal, if I see a gap almost anywhere I fill it before any water can get in; electric contact cleaner; mollie grease for the ball; dielectric grease for the trailer seven way power connector; white and black Gorilla tape; distilled water for the batteries; bug & tar remover (fresh kill is so much easier to remove than waiting until you are home);

Spray bottle with soapy water to test the gas connections every time the tanks are filled. Found a leaking tank that way.

Two fire extinguishers, one in the living/kitchen area by the exit door (escape, then fight the fire) and one in the bed room (ever try to climb out the escape window?) to suppress a fire while DW escapes first.

Extra 12 vdc led interior lights... had two quit working on my last 14 day trip.

Hard wood slivers to put into screw holes when the screws back out or loosen and need to be tightened down. Used to use wooden matches but they are too soft for the shaking and vibration the cupboard doors undergo during travel.

Tent stakes & 550 para cord (I like the glow in the dark) to stake down the awning. Awning de-flapper clips.

Trailer specific screws. (My dealer took me to his shop stock and let me have half a dozen of each size we thought I would need).

Electrical adaptors: 50 to 30 amp NEMA 14-50P/TT-30R, 120 15 amp to trailer 30 amp NEMA L5-30P/TT-30R, 30 amp twist (generator) to 30 amp RV NEMA L5-30P/TT-30R RV.

Wood dunnage for all kinds of this and that. I get hard wood scraps from a cabinet shop.

Tools not mentioned by others: Hammer to get chalks into place and pull them out.

Shovel to help level the trailer while boon docking and for fire suppression. Small rake to get the rocks, twigs, etc. out of the way. Ax to cut wood and pound stakes (be sure to have a safety cover on the blade when pounding stakes).

5 Gal bucket to wash the rig, haul off grey water, and fire suppression.

1/2" breaker bar with extension, six sided sockets for lugs (various sizes), jacks (3/4"), and hot water heater (1 1/16")

In my electric drill case...short and long square drive, jack drive socket (3/4”), drill bits, various drivers (flat, philips, star, etc.)

10mm wrench for TV coax cable.

Window squeegee.

Whisk broom to whisk out my truck, clean rubber mats, etc.
On the same vane. We carry an assortment of fuses and fuse puller, 110V plug tester, HarborFrieght 20V Air Compressor, special driver heads to fit trailer screw heads, headband mounted LED flashlights, 12V brake and turn signal bulbs for the trailer.
GvS is offline   Reply With Quote