View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 07:08 AM   #16
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids View Post
I am glad you posted those images, because I had not identified it on the front of the camper. I thought it was just a connector that served to fasten the works to the camper. I don’t know if it is Keystone or Camping World’s handiwork, but the wiring between the batteries and the camper is very messy.
I'd guess the "wiring mess" is a combination of both Keystone and Camping World issues. Keystone installs the wiring and Camping World "ignores the mess" and passes it on to the customer.

The wiring should be corrected and the circuit breakers should be protected in a "customer added waterproof box" or rewired to a location inside the trailer where they are protected from the elements.

I'm sure others will comment that they've had their trailer for 10 years and never had any problems, but I'd suspect for every one of those "lucky ones" there's at least two or three times more who have had issues, failed circuit breakers, symptomatic electrical problems and/or electrical failure, usually at the most inopportune time, often causing disruptions in camping schedules or cancellation of a trip.

For me, protecting those exposed circuit breakers is just as important as resealing the roof. Both are going to get worse with exposure and both can cause significant problems with the trailer.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote