Thread: RV Cover???
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 10:29 AM   #9
GovGeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobet View Post
I've used several different brands over the years. I'd say its users choice when it comes to covers. The observations I have experienced here in Florida are they do a measure of UV protection but, at a tradeoff. Critters love to get under the cover, especially frogs (how they do it is beyond me). They die and the heat bonds them to the roof. I got sick of constantly cleaning up the mold and mildew created by the covers - even though they say they allow the unit to "breathe". Plus, no matter how secure I stretch the covers, there is so many protrusions on the roof that wind caused rubbing and flapping that hazed every one of my AC shrouds and vent covers. Bummer..

The one main issue that caused me to quit covering is our torrential storms during the rainy season and hurricane season. The last one blew the cover to shreds and deposited it on top of my shop. Luckily no damage to the rv. My current approach is to simply wax from bow to stern and top to bottom several times a year along with periodic application of detail spray. At almost a year now, the unit looks like it just came off the assembly line. Good luck with whatever approach you decide.
I'd wager it looks better than when it left the factory! I'm only replying to watch this thread as I'm on the fence also.

Sent from my pocket computer
Blogg@ - https://rv-therapy.com/blog/
GovGeek is offline   Reply With Quote