View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 05:43 PM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltheraustin View Post
10 speed 3.15 which I thought about changing but it runs really well. 10 speed works well. Still being used to it and would like to tune just for the shooting l shifting aspect. It has lt tires on it so I'll inflate for now

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just fyi; a 3.15 rear ratio is about one of the last things you want for towing with a gas engine...or not. Good for mileage, yeah. Pulling ANYTHING....not really. 10 speed will be better and help you cover the deficiencies of a 3.15 to some degree (never heard of one in a towing truck) but I would be looking for something else....maybe, anything else - or be aware that you WILL NOT have an optimal towing experience?

Many go with "what you have", myself included at a time, that was never meant for doing what we put on it, and we find later that they really were never meant for what we tasked them with. A 3.15 ratio, EcoBoost or not (and not the most powerful out there), would limit anything.....at all.

I would suggest you look at ALL the recommendations that have been made. With a 3.15, does your truck even have a towing package?
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote