View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 09:38 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

It seems things "run in cycles" and this forum isn't any different. I'm making essentially the same post again (probably 4 or 5 times in the past week)

People say that the happiest two days in an RV owner's life are:

1. The day he buys his new RV and
2. THE DAY HE SELLS THE DARNED THING (and knows it's no longer his problem)......

I might note, the "wise person" who first coined this concept probably wasn't an RV owner (I think it was first said about boat owners) and if you notice, there isn't any brand associated with either statement.....

I have a friend who full times in a "million dollar motorhome" complete with all the bells, whistles and some stuff nobody has yet figured out what it is or what it does.... His problems are "over the top" when compared to the simplicity and "bare bones" of my Cougar. I could go on for days about the problems he's had, the anger he's endured and the money he's spent on fixing what wasn't covered by his warranty or his extended warranty. But, I might note that last time they were here, he was still smiling and enjoying their travels. He and his DW are currently "fishing off the coast of Oregon" and last I heard, that "DAMNED MOTORHOME" (yes that's what's painted on the side by the door) is still not working like he hoped it would.... But he loves it, none the less....

ALL RV's are capable of inflicting substantial anger and frustration in their owners..... Same with boats, tractors, trucks, kids and even spouses..... So smile and keep on RV'ing

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote