View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 06:43 PM   #8
Ken / Claudia

I guess if you ever follow one and look you will see. I have not looked at the connection but, it was clearly made to travel in the up position and used in the down position by some type of pivot or pins. So, I was watching free movement as since it was not welded into place to prevent movement. Maybe a math major can explain better than me about the forces of weight going back and forth as it came to a stop and bounced back and forth several inch's? to be repeated as the trailer was traveling due to a wheel/tire and weight of the rack? Just like my pull out bumper. When it is extended, I can pull it up and down several inch's inside of the mounting brackets. If I travel with it extended I will block the movement by straps or even shims so it does not bent or break the supports as it bounces along at 60 mph over the great roads we travel. After reading about some on here finding their pull out bumper bent or broke and dragging on the road. I do not want it to happen to me.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote