View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 08:56 PM   #1
Tammie2

Advice needed :-)

Hi!
We are currently looking at a bullet 308bhs, we love that it is a "2 bedroom" as we have 5 kiddos(18-15-7-5-4)& we plan to FT for 4-6mos between home closing & new home being ready.

We had been considering a TT before & now seems to be the perfect time!! It will virtually pay for itself(if you get creative with the math...thats what im telling hubs anyway ;-)) seriously, short term rental would cost close to the same& then we will have a TT for future travels when its over!!

Our entire family loves to travel, we do mostly short trips of 2-6hrs away, some mid level(8-15hrs), with the occasional long trip(20+hrs)

We have a Nissan NV 3500 HD SL passenger V8 with tow package.

Is this enough?

If not, what adjustments need to be made(TT to keep TV & TV to keep TT...want to be open to both options)

Growing up we had a coachman class C, a mirage micro mini(im showing my age, i know-i remember watching it being made at the factory in elkhart-cool stuff that probably wouldn't be allowed today!!), & my grandparents had 2 holiday ramblers(one stayed at a monthly site 90min from the house, closer to her work & the other was 3-4mos in Florida & 8-9mos in the driveway in chicago)...but i was young when she was back & forth, so i don't remember much about it. This will be my first TT as an adult/owner, completely different experience from being a kid who just enjoyed the top bunk ;-)

Anyway, thank you very much in advance for any help or advice!!

PS if it matters, we will likely do some weekend trips, maybe once a month or so during our 6mos waiting time.
Tammie2 is offline   Reply With Quote