View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 04:11 AM   #12
chunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Sailun does not produce a ST tire in 14" (OP's current wheel size) or 15" tire. There's very little likelihood that he would ever consider moving up from 14" to 16" wheels since that would require a hub changeout because of lug pattern differences in the wheel configurations.

Also, note that this thread is from October, last year.
Morning, other than see a bunch of positive comments about the Sailuns, that's my experience. My GF bought an SOB 5th wheel bunkhouse and it had mixed tires that I didn't trust, 16". I put on Goodyear Endurance LRE. I did note that the Raptor 356 I saw 2 days ago had the Sailuns 16" LRG on it which is good. Momentum has Westlakes which receive a fair amount criticism.

Just my thoughts on ST tire speed rating and towing speed. When I drive the motorhome I generally consider 65 to be my normal cruising speed. The coach is certainly capable of faster but 40000# is a lot to control and stop. During the vacation and "snowbird transition" times I see a lot of trailers on the side of the road with flats. I suspect overloading and excess speed for most of the reasons. Not unusual when driving on these roads, to get passed by one of these RVs with speeds in excess of 80. Their choice.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote