View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 08:02 AM   #20
sourdough
Site Team

I have not responded to this thread because my situation didn't really apply but it does/did apply to "soft floor" so I'll make a comment.

Talking about the soft floor problem, we had/have that as well. Just before DW started noticing the soft floor we noticed a slow leak coming out of the coroplast under the trailer about midway thru a screw hole. Kept trying to identify what was going on and finally determined that the leak appeared when the galley grey tank was full. Started dumping it more frequently but we then had a soft floor right in front of the entry door (on top of the tank). Long story short we took it in and the initially assessed that it was cracked on top and would require replacement. After it was removed they found that during the construction of the unit someone had left several self tapping screws on top of the tank then secured the tank to the trailer mashing the screws into the top of the tank. Over time going down the highway the screws had worn holes in the top of the tank causing the leak(s). The tank is replaced and the service manager said the floor was good....but we do have a bit of a soft floor to this day. Just a bit of info about an off the wall cause for something like that.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote