View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 10:38 AM   #57
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAP View Post
I’ll probably be banned for this post but what’s wrong with this forum? Someone comes here for help and is immediately chastised and ridiculed. I dropped my keystone off last week for warranty repairs. If they don’t want us to use it then why have a warranty. I understand these units are made by humans and humans will be human. Things happen.
What would you do if McDonalds gave you a chicken sandwich instead of a Big Mac? Or you asked for no onions and guess what? There they are. You would send it back for it to be made right. Why is there an issue with someone doing the same with a $30-100k purchase? While my Sprinter is under warranty it will go to the dealer. When it expires will I pay someone $100/hr for something I can do? Absolutely not.
Why can’t this forum just answer an OPs question? It seems like there are two answers here. Get a 1 ton dually or get an EMS.
What is the best ladder for a bunk house? Answer: I need your weights to make sure you have enough truck to tow your 10k bunkhouse model.
Is this just my view or is there anyone else that seems to have the same opinion? I still check in from time to time but not a couple times a day like I did before.

Maybe you read more into the responses that what is there or don't read enough of them.

I try to read almost all of them. When referring to using your warranty the posts are probably 50/50 whether to use it or not. They all will depend on the problem AND the part stressed on those saying to not use it is the wait time factor along with the quality of repair - that's it. If you have the expertise and tools it is recommended by many to fix it yourself. It is not a "forum" response but various responses from individual members with different experiences.

As far as the sandwich analogy; if I got a chicken sandwich instead of a Big Mac....I eat it. Not worth the effort to complain or wait. If I order no onions (my wife always does) and it comes with onions (they always do) she picks them off; again, not worth the effort to complain or wait. Same goes for little things that happen on an RV. To each his own, his patience level and/or desire to actually have the RV to use. Again, this is an individual preference and opinion from our members. Whether you value those opinions or not is up to you.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote