View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 11:54 AM   #10
Canonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldblanchard View Post
I'm thinking if another board goes bad while using my generator then I've definitely got a problem. I'll make sure both propane tanks are full before I go out to rule this out, just for the reason bill mentioned above that maybe it over heats some component when it constantly tries to light. Or at least does so when I start the generator. Hope my fridge board isn't next.
Did either of the boards fail when the generator was on? Or did they fail only when the genset was started i.e. initial start up? Or, just what were the conditions?
Where these boards are on the 12v side fuse protected from over power plus behind the convertor and the batteries, I just can't see how the gen power is at question. That said, the symptoms appear electrical in cause.
Here's a stab at a possible cause. Open the power distribution panel and check to see if all the connections are tight. Including the neutrals. Be sure to turn the disconnect switch off and unplug the shore power FIRST!
We had some weird electrical issues in our Cougar. Found all the connections on the neutral buss bar were loose including the main.
Easy to check and worth a shot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_5119.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	260.6 KB
ID:	13619  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote