View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 10:26 AM   #7
Devin_Noel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldon View Post
Really depends what type of camping you do.
We never boondock and only use campsites with Water, Electric, and Sewer hookups. You've about listed everything I carry. I didn't see where you mentioned a jack for the trailer, however. I have a dedicated jack for our camper and as already stated, torque wrenches and a breaker bar. Some folks carry a compact air compressor. I carry a telescoping ladder as well. I'm sure others will chime in on more. Good luck deciding on what is needed and what is being paranoid. I haven't figured out that fine line yet.
Good catch. I could use the truck's jack on our old trailer. Need something a bit taller for the new one. Had been debating on the telescoping ladder a bit as the Carbon doesn't have one bolted to the side. I always carry a Vair 400 beefy 12v compressor in the truck for airing up. I have more tools than normal as I do tractor work on the side & pull the tractor with the same truck.

We mostly boondock for weekends & stuff, much less campsite things & I don't recall ever having hookups with the old trailer except sitting next to the house. So stuff like a busted water heater would be annoying, but we lived without a working one for a year or 2 in the old camper before I bothered replacing it. I tend to skew towards the patch it up to get back to civilization or get back home for major repairs.

I have the flushing & sprayer gear. But I never took them with on our old smaller camper as space was at a premium. We always filled, dumped & cleaned when we got home as I have the appropriate facilities here.

Everybody has way different camping styles & that's a whole different load of gear. Not even wanting to delve into that ball of wax, just highlights for emergency repair gear I may have not thought about but should have with the new trailer style.
Devin_Noel is offline   Reply With Quote