View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 06:20 PM   #5
toyboxgang

Preventative Maintence (repair)

I've got a 2011 Outback 260FL with about 10-12000 miles on it, almost all in the heat of the US Southwest. My father-in-law just averted disaster on his Arctic Fox when all the bushings on the leftside failed (along with a bearing) and he fortunately was in a Pilot/Flying J and not on the interstate. Anyway, he converted all his suspension to wet and along with a new set of tires was on his way. I decided to investigate my rig and have determined that I have the Equa-flex Trailair equalizer with the supposed never fail bushings. I am a big believer in the wonderful world of grease and it's importance in our world, so I would like to convert my suspension to one that allows me to grease up the various points.

My questions are as follows:

1) Should I mickey around and install the wet bolt option on the Equa-flex and then get a wet bolt/bushing kit to do the spring shackles

or

2) Just buy the complete Dexter EX-Flex suspension kit?? (http://www.dexteraxle.com/inc/sdetail/18096/28009)

I am wondering if the Dexter equalizer will cause my trailer height to change? When I measure up all the required info, it says that I should not experience any change in ride height. Has anyone on here had any experience with this? I am very mechanical and have always done my own repairs, so I will be tackling this myself. I have found all sorts of awesome info on how to do it yourself, but no one has mentioned ride height.

Thanks in advance

Camping history

Started with a nylon tent,
met my wife, and moved on to large canvas tent,
tired of that, so moved on to sleeping on a foamy in the bed of a P/U under a canopy,
had our kids, so we bought a 1986 8' Bigfoot camper,
that got small, so we borrowed my brother-in-law's hunting trailer,
which caused us to buy our own 2006 Jayco Jayflight 29BHS,
Kids grew up, and stopped camping with us so we traded up to the 2011 Outback 260FL.
toyboxgang is offline   Reply With Quote