View Single Post
Old 11-14-2021, 07:22 PM   #48
KarenK

There was a similar shower incident in a small campground in MI years ago. Woman's first mistake was using the shower building late at night tween 11 and midnight. Guy went into the stall, she ran out screaming, her boyfriend (was a cop) chased the guy while other campers got the girl a jacket and stayed with her.

I almost always shower in my camper. Past couple of summers I have used the individual locking shower rooms in a state park in Pentwater, MI in the middle of the day...after they've been cleaned and before the onslaught of kids after supper. Mostly because I didn't have water hook up and was rationing my water usage. When it was just my kid and I we always cleaned up inside if it was dark out.

I'm not overly friendly...goes with the territory when you're a solo female camper. Usually have friends/family in the campground to socialize with, but sometimes it's just better to say goodnight and head in when the vibe around the campfire heads south. We've been in the bar biz for yrs, my creep radar is pretty keen.

Not meant to discourage you from having fun traveling just stay aware and selective who you interact with.
Past
2006 Springdale 280 FWIKL-GL
1997 Jayco 253
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote