View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 10:11 AM   #12
bobbecky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
OK... AT&T unlimited? You can use your hotspot unlimited with no throttling back? We were AT&T hotspot users and the BEST plan they had was 32 gigs of data. The account was in my wife's name and they sent her a great deal for "unlimited" data and she agreed (over the phone). The next day my hotspot went dead... I could stream all the whatever with my phone but NO HOTSPOT. She complained she had been tricked and they told my wife the fine print was somewhere on their website online. Couldn't go back to the 32 gig data plan and best we could do before speed throttling was 22 gigs and it would cost more. I am not really a huge fan of AT&T but still keep them for our cell phones. We still have 12 gigs we can use for a hotspot and do this when camping on weekends. No steaming, of course.
Yes, and with 10 days left in the billing period, we are almost at 160 GB of data used, and that will for sure be over 200 GB before the bill period ends, and movie streaming works well with no problems. We use AT&T's Netgear 815S hotspot. I have a grand daughter to thank for us getting on the unlimited plan. She and her sister were staying with us, and was on her phone constantly. I got a notice from AT&T that they were going to add a GB of data to our plan because we exceeded our plan's data amount. I logged into my account, thinking I was just going to jump up to the next data level, when I discovered they were offering the unlimited plan, so signed up, and found our monthly bill was $100 less on the unlimited plan, so the grand daughter saved us a bunch.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote