View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 07:08 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaDavenport View Post
I had Verizon some years ago, bought a iPad and iPhone outright in one lump sum, 2 months later I get a charge on my bill for the full price of both devices. I went in with receipts and bank statements showing I paid them in full at one time. They refused to remove the charge from my account. 3 month battle and I have them the middle finger and switched companies. I run a business full time, homeschooled full time and didn’t have time or patience for the bs.

I will look into satellite, I figured I couldn’t do a cable wire company, just wasn’t sure about the satellite options. I’ve been soooooo overwhelmed with this transition.
Your past experience with Verizon "paints" your feelings, but Verizon is really "the only reasonable game in town" when it comes to hot spot offerings. There are others available, but they don't compare to what Verizon offers with their "prepaid unlimited plan"...

As for satellite internet, Hughesnet is the clear leader in the technology. We recent stopped using them after 10 years because a "land based internet system" became available in our area. Hand down, "land based is better, faster, doesn't have the inherent lag (prevents gaming) that your children apparently want. Aiming of the satellite dish is "CRITICAL" in two way communications with the satellite. There is virtually no "automatic aim" dish that will do the job and Hughesnet will not set up a system for mobile use. Honestly, just the typical "rocking and internal movement" that comes with living in an RV will cause the dish not to communicate with the satellite properly. So, you can "check with the satellite companies" but they really aren't an option.

Many people who are full timing choose to connect to a land based cable TV/internet provider and many campgrounds have installed a system that allows for "monthly contracts" with the system provider. You might discuss this with the KOA that you're currently in and as you move, search for campgrounds with that feature. Some do offer it (very few) and most do not. That "cycles you back to Verizon" .... Like it or not, your hands are pretty much "tied" in shopping from system to system and provider to provider. There's very limited "players in this game".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote