View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 12:57 PM   #33
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
My salesman checked to make sure my truck was up to the task - that being said, I made sure I had bought a truck that was. Who knows what they would have said if I showed up in a Canyon haha

A Curt WDH was included no charge with my trailer, they installed it and everything during my PDI. Is that not the norm? They did go with pretty much the minimal hitch possible though, a 1000 max tongue weight model, my trailer has a tongue weight of 865 on the spec sheet, so possibly heavier in real world (scale is on the way from Amazon now for me to verify and gather some real data).

As a complete aside, been shopping for the next trailer since I brought the first one home I really like either Keystone Outback or Grand Design Reflection. Do the GDs really live up to the "hype" around their build quality and lack of issues out of the gate vs other brands?

You probably need to do a little internet surfing to check them out. I've seen several complaints about them along with one or two showing up in the complaint section of Trailer Life if I recall. Also talked to a couple of owners with issues. From the things I've seen and heard it sounded like they are about like all the rest. Have you walked through the Reflection? I've walked through one as well as an Imagine - they didn't look all that spiffy to me (it may have been my preconception of what they would be). As has been said many times, I think it's probably floorplan, floorplan, floorplan - then the rest of it.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote