View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 10:10 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Dave in Nashville:
First of all, welcome to the forum and glad to read that you have picked up some ideas from browsing through the various posts.
Secondly, I think that you are on the right track with regard to the size of your RV. For just the two of you and the limited amount of use that you will get from it, the year, model and size all seem like a good fit. Your tow vehicle is certainly adequate for that size unit.
If you can afford to go with a slider hitch , that would probably be a wise decision. You probably have read on here that some folks have had no difficulties with a regular hitch while others favour the sliding type. Having a slider will give you "peace of mind" as well as greater flexibility when turning tight corners. If I were to replace mine, I would seriously consider an auto sliding hitch.
The Laredo falls into the mid-priced section of the Keystone line up.
As a guide when going through the Laredo, you might want to download the Pre-
Delivery Inspection checklist found on Flyguy's - one of the forum moderators - home page. Even though your unit is pre-owned, it will come in handy for you. If you need help accessing this PDI Checklist, let us know and we will help you.
Hope this helps some.