View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 06:56 PM   #1
daviki

Laredo 5er 25RK Used have questions

Well, first, I want to be open about this, we would like to find a 5er that is a few years old as the depreciation we see on them really takes a hit the first couple of years. Also, we are not full timers, matter of fact, we will use the unit probably only a few weekends and maybe a week here or there so were trying to keep the cost down.. It is for just my wife and I. So, Saying that..

We live in Tennessee and have found a 2006 Laredo 25rk that the One owner says has only been used less than 12 times. We are going to go look at it tomorrow and from what we know, it has the comfort package and the upgraded Air. From what we can see the only other option would have been the hide-a-bed that it does not have.

This forum has been great in giving me things to look for and pointers which I really appreciate and Kudo's to all the folks that chime in, new folks like us do a lot of reading before we post and with all the info on the forums I already feel like I have a much greater knowledge than I did this morning :-)

I see quite a bit of talk on hitches and front caps so I'll start here. We have a GMC 2007 (new body style) 2500 hd Crew Cab with the 6.6' bed. Gas with the tow package We have the big engine with the 6speed trans with Tow Haul mode. We have it all pre-wired with the factory brake controller and wiring.

The owner says he has used it with a non slider hitch with a similar truck. I see the front of the 5er has indents in the fiberglass although from about 08.09 it seems more drastic. Interesting enough when I talk to the Keystone dealer/service center will not even install a slider on anything period. There are other dealers that will install the slider if I really will need it.

At this point I guess I'm looking for past and present owners of the Laredo Line for their comments as well. I'm not sure where the Laredo sits in the line but it seems from the list that it's proably a mid line. So is this a good 5er to start with?

I look forward to any comments, suggestions and questions you may have for me....

Thanks
Dave, Nashville Tn.
daviki is offline   Reply With Quote