View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 02:26 PM   #24
Jim2366

We could not wait until Spring to try out our new truck and RV. We got back from 2600 miles from St Charles MO to Florida and back in two weeks. The truck and Cougar were perfect and had not one problem.

The first day we drive 570 miles to Oak Mountain State Park by Birmingham AL. We stayed just one night. If we did it again I would stay at least three nights it was a beautiful place, pine trees, golf course, riding stables, and they had full hookups.

We then went a shorter distance to East Bank Recreation Area. We back right up to Lake Seminole. It was just $12 per night and we stayed there for three nights. The sunset across the lake and the warm weather was nice.

We then spent 5 nights at a mega campground in Williston FL. When we arrived they have a person lead you in a gulf cart and then instruct you how to back into. This was a high-cost community which was not for me. Nice to keep your RV parked for a few months.

Then we headed back home, staying a rainy night at Eastbank, then to Tupelo Mississippi at a nice private KOA for the night and home.

I am always trying to find ways to use the internet so that I can work from my RV since I have to keep working. Being self-employed and raising 5 kids I do not get a nice government pension, so I am trying to figure out the latest technology to get to RV and work.