View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 05:18 PM   #99
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVbuying View Post
. He’s back! I googled keystone rv warranty and repair or similar and this occupied the first 10 choices on google. If there was an all complaint forum or keystone complaint forum that they read, of course I would post there. But nope, it’s here for potential buyers, who want to read about this brand to see. So they know it’s not a plug and play. It’s possibly a nightmare. Today, I found Sinks are leaking floor is damaged in kitchen island and bathroom. Now I’ve only checked the kitchen island floor 4 times randomly since October purchase when the rig was in my possession so I haven’t looked daily. Just thought a future person should know. Am I gonna rip up the floors and replace along with change the sink? You Guessed right...hell no im going to work and earn money. I’m not a mechanic handy man and won’t be with an rv under warranty. See ya back in 6 weeks with another issue!

Well! Welcome back.

I am fully aware of all the things that can happen to a new RV. You said you bought yours new in 2015. Now, 4-4 1/2 years later you're complaining about leaking windows, wet floors, etc. etc. and damage from that. First thought from what I can tell is to blame "Keystone" period.

Hopefully you are aware that there are a thousand things you need to do to keep the things you mention from happening....those are owner responsibilities. Leaks? How do they get so bad that you don't know about it as soon as they start? How do window leaks, like roofs, go undetected if you actually inspect all your roof seams, window seams, slide seals, AC seals, furnace seals etc. etc. regularly?

Have I had window leaks, faucet leaks, sink leaks and potential roof leaks? Absolutely. Have they destroyed my trailer? Not at all. Why? I look at the seals, under the sinks, roof Dicor etc. ALL the time. You have to. If not the results are not fun. Some take ownership of the issues, some post negative things because they didn't either do their due diligence or were remiss in taking care of their responsibilities. Maybe you're somewhere in the middle but with the lack of info you've posted I have to go with the latter without further clarification.

Edit: John beat me to it.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote