View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 03:50 PM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

It makes zero sense to have anyone apply $10 a tube dicor and pay them $150hr. As far as the roof goes, I buy only new RVs but one of the first things I do is check those seals. The "craftsmen" that put these rigs together and put on those roofs couldn't start to tell you if they actually covered everything with dicor when they finish that new roof...no idea, so you need to check right off the bat - you're doing yourself a big favor.

When you take an RV in for work provide them a punchlist of what is to be done and keep a copy. Ask the timeframe and give them your expectations. Follow up frequently - I like email for a paper trail. Never stop at the service advisor/tech level if there is an issue; escalate...always. Make personal visits to the service manager and insist on seeing the RV while it is worked on. ASK what they are doing to repair "abc" problem then look at it. When they say it is fixed and you go to get it take your list. Go over it with them and have them demonstrate every repair. If you have been involved that won't take long.

My RV has been in the shop for 2 months (in 2 days). It was supposed to be sooner but I requested a specific tech (their best, that has done work for me) so it had to wait until he finished his existing work. I've had to work with the service advisor, service manager and various levels of Keystone to get the warranty repairs I wanted. I visit the dealership weekly for a face to face with the management team and then go visit the tech to get an update. I was there today and we were under slides looking at the repairs, how it was done, why it was done and what was next. I offered my suggestions and desires, they listen and oblige. It should be out sometime the first of next week.

I just wrote and deleted a long explanation of the tap dance that takes place to get warranty work done and why dealerships anguish over doing it...but it's complicated - and long. Anyway, at the end of the day, the only person that benefits from a good warranty repair job is the owner; the only one that is going to assure that is....the owner. JMO and hope you get it squared away.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote