View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 11:43 AM   #10
IMASAP

I also have to put my rv antifreeze into my fresh water tank to winterize. I drain it, then put in 5 to 6 gallons of antifreeze. This is enough to get my pump to pick it up. Before I run the water pump , I drain the system by opening the low point drains, then close them when the lines are empty. Then, I connect 25psi of compressed air to my city water inlet and blow out all my lines / faucets. Don't forget things like outdoor kitchen or outside shower. Open each faucet one at a time to blow out.... I repeat this a few times. Then turn on the water pump and fill all lines by opening faucets one at a time.... starting with the highest. Last I do is my black tank rinse, using the hose that attaches to the q/c on my outdoor kitchen faucet. Obviously, your black and grey tanks should already be empty. Oh, also pull the screen out of your city water fill and push on the little tit in there so there can be no water trapped in there also... then put the screen back in. When I'm satisfied everything is covered, I drain any leftover antifreeze out of my water tank. Always leave a little antifreeze in a jug and dump extra in all your traps, just to play it safe.

Reality is, RV antifreeze is cheap..... if you have to put a couple more gallons in to get the pump to pick it up, not that big of a deal. Like you, my pump is in a very small compartment.... not easy to add a winterizing kit. Eventually, I will get to it.
IMASAP is offline   Reply With Quote