View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 02:33 PM   #19
RoscoeV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Ha! Ain't it the truth! I was always allergic to dogs and cats my entire life. This one found us at about 6-8 weeks old, starving. I had seen her with her 2 siblings on our property next door but they disappeared and then she showed up one evening crying on the other side of the fence while I cooked outside. I had DW go around to see and there she was. Enticed her to the front and gave her some food off the grill. It was pathetic. Her bones were about to poke through her skin and someone had taken a cigarette lighter and burned holes through her fur (she has short fur) into her skin in several places along with cutting one of toes off. I couldn't believe it. She was terrified of us but hungry. I fed her and left her on the front porch and told DW if she was still there in the AM I would take her to the pound. She was and I didn't. She was TOO good.

Now, 8 years later, she and I are inseparable. I had never really had a house dog; lots of yard dogs that were.....dogs. This one was so good that on the 2nd day we decided if we kept her it would be inside and I would have to see what modern medicine could do for my allergies. She was so loving; in she came. And the miracle? I was never allergic to her, not ONE day!! In fact, I've not had an allergic reaction to another cat or dog since we took her in.

As far as the accident with the eye; she wakes us up every morning. Monday it was 5:53am. I was trying to roll over and see the clock as she was coming up to poke me and tell me to get up. Instead her paw went straight into my wide open eye. It's all good. Doc said it was a scratch on the eyeball and would be well given several days and antibiotic drops. And for the goldfish.....that would probably be a great idea, except, I killed every fish I tried to keep so not sure if that would work. A long story but just had to point out that I don't regret her finding us the tiniest bit - it has been OUR blessing.
Great story Danny. It's incredible how attached you can get to them isn't it. I have a 3 year old shorty Jack Russell that I prefer to be around more than most of the people I know...Lol
2018 Ram 2500 Laramie
Pathway X2 with DISH Wally
RoscoeV is offline   Reply With Quote