View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 07:53 AM   #4
jsmith948

"Fast forward to Sunday; when DW notified them that puppy had stuck her foot in my eye at 6am and we were headed to a doctor, she advised that her DH had fell on the steps and broke his foot. At this date/hour he will have surgery (VA in Pensacola ) to fix the foot. They are to be here on Jan. 1. Problem is the lady friend can't tow the trailer. Obviously he will have a cast when the surgery is complete and can't drive. I am going to offer to go over and pull the trailer back and let the girls follow in my truck. If that option wasn't available for them, what would they do? What would someone else do?"

We entered our 8th decade a year ago and worried that we might find ourselves in a similar situation. The DW is a really good driver, but has NO interest in learning to tow the 5er. Our solution was to purchase the "Good Sam Travel Assist" insurance.
Disclaimer: I have no interest in nor am I employed by Good Sam. Some will say the program is not worth the money - we like the peace of mind. YMMV

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote