View Single Post
Old 10-03-2022, 02:44 PM   #21
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshores View Post
Thanks everyone. A lot of good information there. I realized I left out some information about the setup. I have two batteries on my trailer, maybe they all do not sure. The battery that is in the same compartment as the hydraulics is new, I replaced it 8-10 months ago. Both of the batteries have a battery disconnect switch which I turn and usually remove the key when it is in storage. I did not remove it this time.

Which brings up a new question: what is the purpose of the disconnect switch? Is it a factory option or aftermarket (I know I am not providing a lot of information about it, just a red T handle that has a metal piece that goes into a hole).

I'll get a picture of it and post it here.

I am considering getting a battery pack to take and run the jacks with so I can pick up the trailer and bring it home. Is there any reason NOT to do that?

I really wish I had some type of users manual for my trailer.
Also pairing a new battery with an old one is not a good idea. The older weaker battery will cannibalize the new battery severely shortening its lifespan. Always replace batteries in pairs of exact same battery.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote