View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 07:06 PM   #5
Nomadicchefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by compeakw View Post
I had condensation problems in my dinette slide during the fall months here in upstate NY the two years I had that trailer. (I "downgraded" last year to a no slide model last year.)

You said you sealed everything you can and the problem is worse at night, so assuming there is no ice dam on the roof of the slide my first thought would be to bring the slide in before you go to bed and put it out in the morning until you get a more permanent solution. Inconvenient, but there will be a lot less surface area to cool down. Heavy drapes, or even a blanket hung calling to floor inside the back (outside) wall will create an air pocket behind it and may wick some of the moisture. Long term, rigid foam insulation will provide a higher R value than the factory fiberglass. Just be sure to get the best friction fit for each space you can and seal the inside edges where it meets the framing so moisture can't get behind it. Good luck and keep us posted.
Thanks for the info, I had initially thought about getting a slide sleeve. If you Google therma slides you can see what I'm talking about. Since the slide is so poorly insulated and constructed, I thought this couldn't hurt to look into as well. I have only seen a couple campers with them, but they seem somewhat beneficial. I could be wrong though.
Nomadicchefs is offline   Reply With Quote