View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 01:47 PM   #1
Nomadicchefs

Condensation between walls is damaging slide floor

At first the wet carpet in the corner seemed like a leak. So we resealed everything, everywhere. To my sad realization, this was not the problem.

It seems that the moisture I have been seeing was in fact condensation in between the walls that is running down and hitting the floor then out from behind the luan panels and onto the carpet. I took the wall off, pulled the carpet back, and have put a heater on this corner. The cardboard looking material is drying slowly, but what can I do to keep it from continuing to do this? Different insulation?

This is the side wall of my slide. You can see from the pictures, the framing is very wet. The floor is wet too. It dries some while the heater is on it, but when night time comes and it's cold out, the condensation starts all over again.

I run a dehumidifier daily as well as having a window on either side of the camper cracked for air circulation. The slide floor has always been cold during winter months, but this winter has been extremely cold and this much moisture is worrying me that the floor is going to rot out at any moment.

The back wall of the slide is just the outside metal skin, cheap fiberglass insulation then the luan panel. When I look at it, I see the condensation dripping down and in behind the framing boards, but the floor nor the framing board is wet there. Only against this side wall of misery.

The other side wall gets more sun and I haven't had any problems on that side. I have had an rv tech check the seals, etc. And it is good to go. I can't just wall it up though without solving this moisture running all over the place problem. Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190305_095817.jpg
Views:	552
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	20555   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190305_154316.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	184.3 KB
ID:	20556   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190305_154321.jpg
Views:	547