View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 07:49 AM   #37
pdaniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV_Tom View Post
This is the kind of decision that each person has to make. We started camping in a 10 x 10 tent, working our way up through a tent trailer, TT then a used, but clean, Class A MH. We sold the class A after 3 years to a couple that offered me a lttile more than I paid for it. Couldn't pass that up... We were "without" for about 5 years. When we retired into an age restricted community the RV Club attracted us. We opted for a high end Cougar TT, that we paid cash for. Except for normal repairs (and some not-so-normal one's) we don't look at how many times we use it. Some years we run the wheels off of it. Other years not so much. Half of the RV Club is high end Class A motorhomes and I'm constantly bombarded to buy one so that I can impress everyone. I'm impressed with the fact that we have a very nice camper that is paid for, doesn't cost me any monthly storage fee and allows us to go on 2 to 3 cruises each year. Would I like to have a nice new 5th wheel .... sure, but I know what all of the quirks of my travel trailer are, why should I have to learn and solve the problems with a new rig?
Not to throw rocks or offend in any way, I had a Cougar TT that i had thought that when I bought it as a "high end" TT. We kept that TT for less than two years trading it in for a competitor's fifth wheel. The Cougar was nice, but, not quite an RV that was suitable for snowbirding (inefficient insulation, contrary to what Keystone bragged and very inefficient heating system).
pdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote