View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 06:47 AM   #14
mwemaxxowner

If I had to pay for storage, I wouldn't want one if I didn't use it much. I live where I can keep it on my property. We chose an older used camper that we could pay cash for. If we don't use it much, no big deal. In the past I only ever used one 3 or 4 times a year, but I suspect now with this one it's going to be different. We've located 2 campgrounds close to home that are pretty cheap ($30-$35/night). One 20 min from home one about 45. The further one we stayed in a few weeks ago and liked it very much. The closer one we're trying out this weekend. I went there as a kid and it was nice then, I suspect it's only gotten better. Couple nice playgrounds, horse shoe pits, kayak/paddle boat rentals, volleyball, swim area, etc.

I would imagine we'll have 3 or 4 "big" trips each year (4-7 days to mountains, beach, etc) with many smaller weekend trips to the closer campgrounds sprinkled here and there. The only "bill" I will have to own the camper is insurance.

I think for about 2 grand a year we can leave it set up on an annual site at one of the local campgrounds I mentioned. We may look into that in the future, and would be able to get away to it any and every weekend. When we want to haul it elsewhere just go pick it up.
mwemaxxowner is offline   Reply With Quote