View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 08:58 AM   #18
WDPatterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKidneyBean View Post
Hello We have a Bullet Crossfire 1900RD with the 13,500 BTU AC.

What size generator would run that AC? I don't imagine running it a whole lot where we'll be camping but would like to have one.

Thank you
Keep in mind that a 13.5k BTU air conditioner will use about 2750 watts to start and lock the compressor rotor, and 1250 watts to run continuously...

You want to keep in mind that you may be topping out the capacity of your generator if you don't buy at least 3000 running watts... the idea is to have a generator that is twice the amount of wattage that you will need when running not only your air conditioner, but things like your refrigerator, your ice maker, your TV set, and other incidentals...

You may wish to purchase a plug-in amp, watt, Hz meter, so that you can get a better idea of your actual overall power consumption...

I have had very good results with the 4500/3650 Champion Power Equipment model 100216, which runs about $299 to $350 at Tractor Supply...

If you're going to use it a lot, you may want to spring for the 100319 twin 4000/3500 watt open frame DH inverters, which come with a parallel kit, and which will more than handle your 30 amp and 50 amp requirements...

The beauty of this system is, and I am picking one up in the next month, you can run one inverter at a time, they will Throttle Down When not under load, they will save you fuel, they have a sine wave output, and they burn less fuel... Since the idle down, they run much more quietly... the set is about $1,164, and I think it would pretty much pay for itself in a very short time... The "twins" are each much lighter than one big generator...

I hope this is helpful...
WDPatterson is offline   Reply With Quote