View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 05:51 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Y'all are better men than me, I just couldn't do it. I enjoy our house and small town living too much I guess. Even enjoy the lawn work. Our friends don't understand why we pull our "wagon" across the country. "Why don't you fly and stay in a hotel?" It ain't the same. "Why don't you go to Europe?" I haven't seen this country yet.
Different strokes for different folks.

^^^^For me, you hit the nail on the head. We are in the same boat; folks tell me how wonderful Europe is, the Bahamas (whoops), the Caribbean etc. I say, Why?? This country has some of the most beautiful things to see and experience and I've not seen nearly the things I want to.....and will die before I do. With my dad's family getting here in the 1600s and my mom's family being native American, I have SO much to look into and see....I don't need the other stuff.

Flying? My wife just had to fly to FL for a family emergency. It was horrific. Of course at every turn they can always fix their foul ups if you pay a few hundred extra...or a thousand. I quit flying when the TSA decided they were the German SS and I got to stand in a corner because I had fake knees and rods etc. all over the place...guess I was going to "self destruct". I have now determined, barring a "right now" emergency, I will drive no matter where it is in the continental US.

Condos? We do them all the time and they are just another way to see and explore without having to tow the trailer. As you said, to each their own and I respect that completely. I think I'm just getting "older" and more set in my ways.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote