View Single Post
Old 04-18-2022, 03:59 PM   #59
markcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
Well since you didn't provide the tire size I have to guess some things.

1. You do not have an actual truck scale weight because you gave a nice round 8,500 and 1000# figures so you are guessing.

2. GVWR includes tongue weight??? But IF the 4 tires are supporting 8500 excluding tongue weight then that would be theoretical 2125 each but more than likely you have axle to axle variation of about 53% PLUS uou may have end to end variation of maybe 52%

So heavy axle is 4505 and heavy end is 2342 So is that at least 15% under the tire max load? Not knowing your size I have no way to know how much load they carry at 80 psi

See what happens when you ask a question but don't provide the information really needed. I do cover the need to provide the important facts in my blog post of Feb 22 2012.

Sorry for this post being a little snippy but you are the 3rd person to ask similar question without providing the needed minimum information.
Tire size was provided in my next post (#54), prior to your reply.

I do not believe it's relevant whether or not my weight is CAT scaled or not (it was, but rounded), as my scenario is simply asking for a 'what if', my trailer weighs this much loaded and I have no idea what each axle/tire weighs. Doesn't matter if I tell you 8317 pounds or 9212....the formula to use, based on tire inflation charts, should be the same....that's what I'm trying to determine from your input.

As for tongue the weight....I am not sure what you are asking as far as 'is it part of my GVWR?'. I know what GVWR is and I know what tongue weight is and as CAT scaled I was just over 1200 lbs, based on 3 passes (with WDH active, with WDH bars off, and truck only) and my loaded trailer weight was in that 8500 lb ball park.

Excuse my snippiness, but I believe this is confusing, as the majority of experienced users simply tell you to load up, inflate to tire sidewall max PSI and don't exceed what is on the trailer placard....I'm just looking for a simplification for answering this when all that is known is the loaded weight of the trailer.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote