View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 03:08 PM   #11
wiredgeorge

I have a Champion propane/gas "construction site" generator; almost 4K running and has a 30A cord for the RV. I wouldn't drag it camping as we only go to parks with full hook ups but can use it if the power in the house goes out OR I installed a crossover switch assembly where I can plug it into the house while running out in the car port (needs to be covered in bad weather) and it isn't that noisy inside the house. I go to a panel installed inside and switch from line to generator for specific rooms. Bedroom, office (internet router), living room (tv), kitchen outlets (refrigerator and lights). Microwave isn't wired in as it draws too much. We have a window A/C in the bedroom and we can keep cool and watch TV if the power is out.

If the power is out for awhile, I fill the water tank in the RV and we can stay up there until we run out of water; we have a well and it isn't powered by a generator. I have a 3000 gallon water tank and at some point will get off my duff and put a crossover pipe to the house feed pipe with a valve and just open the valve. Tank is uphill and should provide enough pressure the toilets will work and cold showers are possible.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote