View Single Post
Old 12-31-2019, 02:19 PM   #5
wiredgeorge

My two cents. I have a dedicated 15A breaker for the microwave and the microwave tripped the main all the time while the A/C kicked on due to being near capacity for my converter box breakers. I have since put a plug on the rear of my trailer and wired the microwave to it directly and plug the thing in to a 15A or 20A shore power outlet. That fixed the problem for me.

Prior, I had a Sunnybrook and the microwave "went black" just as yours did. I didn't have to pull the microwave out as my microwave cord went through to an adjacent cabinet where the receptacle was located. Tested with a meter after ensuring a breaker had not tripped and found the receptacle was not energized. Come to find out that the receptacle was an RV type where the wires are shoved between blades on the inside rather than screwed on like a residential. Since I had a residential box and receptacle, I just removed the RV type and used a residential since all was hidden in a cabinet. The residential is about 3 or 4 inches deep and an RV receptacle is about an inch deep.

Found one of the wires had vibrated out of the blades and could have just shoved it back in but made the change anyway. Electricity vibrates a bit I guess.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote