Thread: Winterized
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 12:52 PM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVDad View Post
Today is about 60 degrees. Time to winterize. First time for us and we learned a lot of stuff.

1. The water heater bypass valve is in the worst location. I had to actually crawl into the rear storage area to turn the valve.
2. The water heater holds a ton of water! Pulling the anode rod to drain the water took forever. There must have been 5gal in there that I didn't realize.
3. I had to make a funnel because I forgot to bring one. I'm thinking of making a small box of items needed for winterizing and unwinterizing(sp).

I do have a question if anyone has any insight. This year we didn't fill the fresh water tank all, instead we only camped at locations with full hookups. The meter on the wall has always read 3/4 full for the fresh water, I just assumed it was wrong. Today, however proved that wasn't the case. It does seem like the fresh water tank was actually 3/4 full. How did water get into the fresh tank if I didn't put it in there?

2017 Keystone Hideout 262LHS
When you drained the hot water tank did you open a faucet or open the water tank "safety valve" to allow air in the tank?

The fresh water tank can fill from the city water line if the water pumps check valve is defective. If you have the "convenience center" where you turn a knob to fill from the city water connection that valve can leak.

What do you need a funnel for?
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote