View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 07:29 PM   #7
KeithInUpstateNY

It's difficult finding a model without slides period, market demand. When I bought my Bullet 220RBI as my retirement gift to myself in 2015 it was the smallest new unit my local dealer had on the lot and it had two slides. They were a pain boondocking and once I was on the forums and saw all the problems people have with them I knew I wanted out. Luckily he got the 21RB in on trade last year and I bought it the day after he took it in. I lost a few thousand dollars, but not so much as I could have. He actually gave me $2000 cash back and I'm sure he still didn't loose money, he sold the 220RBI in less then two weeks. I met the couple who bought it at the State Forest where I boondock two weeks later. They downsized from a larger fifth wheel for their annual trips from upstate NY to Texas because of the cost of gas.

As for the space the bed takes, I understand what you are saying, I use my bed just for sleeping too. But the pass through storage is almost two thirds of the floor space, and the under bed inside storage is another big chunk, plus there are the wardrobes and overhead cabinet so I don't see it as wasted space. And as I said previously, for me, the convenience of the walk around bed is a real plus. And my dog likes to lay on it during the day so he can look out the windows on either side when it is raining or too cool to have the door open.

At any rate, good luck with your search. Keep us posted on what you decide.

2015 Bullet 220RBI
2019 Chevy Colorado extended cab V6 3.6 liter
KeithInUpstateNY is offline   Reply With Quote