View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 02:46 PM   #1
P&DZ

General Maintenance?

Hi All,
I am a relatively new member to the forum having joined last December after we sold our 2017 Rockwood A-Frame Hard Side and purchased a 2012 used Cougar 21RBSWE from a private seller. I have learned allot from reading the posts on this forum but this is my first request for help.

We have not had the opportunity as of yet to use the TT and are preparing for the upcoming camping season. I can live with, and given the age of the TT, expect failures of "inconvenience" systems like heating, refrig, water heater, etc. I will repair or replace these items on failure. What I am concerned with is insuring the overall safety and the structural integrity of the TT.

I have scheduled inspection and repair with a local independent service shop with a good reputation for the brakes, wheel bearings and axles. I will re-coat the roof lap seals as soon as Colorado weather permits. The tires were replaced and upgraded (ST225/75R15) by the prior owner in 2017 and appear to be in good condition.

Question: Are there any other maintenance items I should consider to insure the safety and structural integrity of the TT?

We do nearly all of our camping in the Colorado and Utah mountains, towing over both interstate highways (I70) and rural roadways.

Apologies for the rather long post!
P&DZ is offline   Reply With Quote