Thread: Replacement TV
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 07:06 AM   #6
SteveW2993

I'm going through this situation now. During the PDI in April on our new 2018 Passport GT 2670BH, we noted there was a scratch across the screen of the Furrion 32" in our camper.

Salesperson said no problem, we'll swap out the TV with another one on the lot.

A few weeks later I noted that when you looked at the screen in the right light, the scratch was still there. Someone tried to just buff it out. The scratch became a moot point as the TV would now randomly, day or night, turn itself off or on, and sometimes would crank the volume to max all on its own.

When we raised that (plus a number of other issues) with the dealer, and they went to Keystone, keystone offered us up to $260 CAN to replace it. When I asked the dealer how I'm supposed to replace a TV that costs $549 CAN with $260, they just shrugged their shoulders.

I called Keystone Customer service and explained the situation to them. I asked them why they don't just send a replacement TV to the dealer. The answer I got back was that it was due to the fact that they usually end up broken so they don't do it - I guess LG, SAMSUNG, etc can send TV's from Korea/Chine/Japan to North America with no issues, but Keystone can't ship one from the US to Canada... Guess they don't use boxes... anyways...

I've looked at other TVs with similar features - Audio Out, Headphone jack, Component In, etc, but they have questionable VESA mount strength with just thin plastic and four screw insets that I don't think would survive a trip down the road. The Furrion TV's VESA mount is all steel.

When I explained the predicament to to the Keystone Service Rep, she recommended that I write up a note explaining my position, and a list of quotes for a similar Furrion TV, and have the dealer send that to them, which is where I'm at now - 5 months later.

Washed the trailer today and found an entire section on the back wall where the factory missed siliconing the edge. Guess I'll add that to the dealer's list as well....

-S
SteveW2993 is offline   Reply With Quote