View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 10:51 AM   #2
xrated

This past spring, I bought the Tire Minder brand, it's called TireMinder Smart TPMS. I have 4 transmitters (one for each trailer wheel/tire) and it comes with a Rhino Booster that is 12VDC and gets it's power from the trailer house battery. The Booster then sends a signal to a RF to Bluetooth unit that is mounted on the back window of the truck and it in turn sends Bluetooth to my Smartphone. TireMinder has the app for it in the Google Play store, so that's a free download and once you do that, and get it setup, you are good to go. I've had mine out three times and it's worked well. It reports tire pressure, tire temperature, and also works if you have the app open, but the phone is in sleep mode. I simply didn't want another monitor on the dash or windshield and so far, it is working just as advertised and I'm very happy with it. It will monitor up to 22 sensors if someone needed that many. Transmitter batteries are replaceable by the end user and they screw onto the valve stem of the wheel. They do recommend that you use metal valve stems. Battery life is suppose to be approx. one year and they are the small watch/calculator type batteries, but I can't remember the number off the top of my head.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote