View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 11:03 AM   #19
jje1960

Gen's

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackDaddy View Post
Which gen do you have and pros and cons . I am wondering if I have the 15,000 BTU ducted a/c or the 13,500 BTU. I want to start looking for portable generators and would need the power to run the ac. Any suggestions ? If I dont have to shell out the 2k bucks for the honda's, that will help out. Also weight will be an issue. It will be carried in the bed of the pickup and I will be the principle mover. Are there any diesel models for a reasonable price?
I've had two up-2-this point, my small unit (which I'm not going to part with) is a 1k Mitsubishi this one I had mounted on my hitch of our TT, sipped gas like a miser and just hummed along keeping batt's charged for furnace, lights TV Sat receiver, and coffee maker in the morning. It's an inverter and always ran perfect and smooth. The second one is a harbor freight special, 2.6k. We always relied on this one for aircon day after day at Bristol's August race, one year it was like 107deg down there. It was so cheap I most likely won't part with that either, maybe I can make a few bucks during the next ice storm! Anyway, now that we moved to the SRX and the 15k aircon unit (will check under the cover....!) have to invest... Pretty much decided on the Boliy INVERTER PRO3600SiE+ W/ ELECTRIC START, it comes in at $1219.77 W/ FREE SHIPPING. Plenty of feedback that it runs the 15k and is like 70Ibs, so will mount it on the back with a slide out shelf close to the shore plug. I went back and forth with putting out for 2 Honda's, but when I went to camping world they said Honda 2k's may or may not run the 15k aircon. Not about to spend that kind of cash and not have aircon running.... go way to get put in the dog house with the wife for considerable amount of time....
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote