View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #22
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanman32225 View Post
I am running Akuret st235/85/16 tires. Never heard of this brand on our new voltage. They have about 5k or so on them now without issue and run at a solid 60 to 65 sometimes a little higher down hill. Since we have a toyhauler and frequently haul 2k or more in the back I worry about the tires handling the load. They are Load rated E and thinking of moving to F or G but never thought of the rims not handling the pressures. How can I determine the pressure my rims are capable of holding if I go to a higher rated tire? Would going from an E rated to F or G rated and the pressure going up rupture the rim. Does going to a higher pressure require a different valve stem and if so can anyone provide a link to good stems?
OH btw if anyone knows anything good or bad about these tires please jump in.

"Del-Nat" is the combining of Delta and National tires = Del-Nat.
Facilities are in Memphis, TN. The Del-Nat site lists several brands of tires being mfg in several countries.

The Akuret brand is used for lots of applications cars, tractors, etc.

If you continue "chasing" info on Akuret, the trailer tires are actually mfg by Guizhou Tire Co., Guiyang, China. Info is in the Tire Business site (from 2011) - but won't link without a membership. If you Google: "China's Doublestar partners" - the first "hit" should be from Tire Business dot com.

See the last paragraph, for Akuret ST Tires source.

The above information was provided by another poster on another forum.

CW
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote